Управление Роспотребнадзора  по Пермскому краю
IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему
> Discussion on F2P games and consumer rights
Jennermack
сообщение 11.6.2018, 11:33
Сообщение #1

Новичок

HI,

I have been engaged with F2P (free-to-play) games for over three years now. It's a fascinating type of business, but the topic always comes up: What rights do consumers have in a F2P game? In traditional games that have a one-time payment for the entire game, the consumer has the right to play that game on the system it was purchased for. In subscription-based games, the consumer has the right to access the game's server and play as much as they like, however often they like, as long as no cheating occurs. In F2P games, however, the line is often blurred ("line" being the spectrum from total developer control to consumers having a large say in the game's operation). Because users do not have to pay to be able to access the game, one might take the position that the developer of the game is entitled to do as they please. The opposite of this is that the players who decide to fork over money to support the game should have added benefits by doing so. In many cases, developer support and interaction on this issue is largely quiet.
I would simply like a discussion on this issue. It's an interesting topic; should paying players on F2P games receive added consumer protection rights to the content/gameplay they pay for, or should developers be able to maintain absolute control over the games they have created?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php...2&t=1177496
Construction solution marketing example

Thank you.

+Цитировать сообщение

Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему